As a church, you want to make disciples of all nations. But doing outreach and evangelism is expensive. Let us provide resources for your next outreach efforts. Grants are available through SoCal Baptist Ministries.
SoCal Baptist Ministries (SoCal) is a religious nonprofit organization focused on providing small missions and ministry grants to California Southern Baptist churches and their related organizations and entities. The mission is to empower California Southern Baptist mission and ministry projects and events that reach people for Christ and strengthen the sponsoring church or ministry.
You can find Eligibility Guidelines, Deadlines, and a Grant Application below. Visit the SoCal Baptist Ministries webpage at https://scbministries.org.
- Applicants must be an affiliated and contributing organization with the California Southern Baptist Convention (CSBC).
- Applicants must be a current financial contributor to the Cooperative Program of the CSBC. The sponsoring churches of Ministries making application must also be a current financial contributor to the Cooperative Program of the CSBC.
- Applicants may only receive two grants per calendar year.
- Applicants must agree to submit an outcome report to SoCal within 30 days of the conclusion of the program or project. Recipients failing to submit an outcome report will not be eligible for future funding without review.
- First time applicants are given priority in application consideration.
- Event cannot take place before the date of the Board Meeting at which the application is considered.
SoCal DOES fund projects and events that focus on the following five areas:
- Evangelistic Outreach
- Ministry Outreach
- Disaster Relief Efforts
- Hunger Relief Efforts
SoCal DOES NOT fund general budget needs such as:
- General Budget Support or Unrestricted Funds
- Capital Improvements
- Debt Relief
Updated Schedule and Guidelines beginning in 2024
2024 marks the 10th anniversary of the endowment. Per the original agreement, there will be a reduction of funds available for grants starting in 2024.
Only two 2024 grant periods: Feb 17 (Jan 15 application deadline) and August 15 (July 15 application deadline)
Grants will be available for:
- Participating CSBC churches (regular CP givers)
- Evangelism and Outreach in California
- $5,000 max grant amount per year
- Funds will be direct deposited electronically.
Grants are not available for staffing, equipment, general budget, camps, mission trips, capital improvements, or debt relief.
Grant Applications are considered two times per year and may be submitted any time prior to the following deadlines:
- Due January 15, 2024
- Board Meeting Date February 17, 2024
- Due July 15, 2024
- Board Meeting Date August 15, 2024
(Awarded applicants are notified at the latest, two days after the Board Meeting by the President of the SoCal Baptist Ministries.)
NOTE: The Board is requiring a response to grants that have been awarded in the past. Therefore, if your church has received a grant in the past, you will be required to submit a response for the prior event before a new application can be processed. Grant responses are now required to be completed online through the website.
grant response report
If funded, the undersigned agrees to submit a Grant Response Report to the SoCal Baptist Ministries within 30 days of the conclusion of the project or event. The report should include an evaluation of the project or event documentation (photographs, receipts, invoices, etc.) that confirm expenses. Recipients failing to submit an outcome report will not be eligible for future funding without review.